Monday, August 4, 2008

Our Anniversary


James and I has such a wonderful time Saturday! It was the first time that we have ever really been able to celebrate our marriage properly. It was so much fun to get all dressed up and really feel elegant for one night. It has been a very long time since I felt pretty and Saturday, I really felt beautiful. First we went to this charming little outdoor restaurant called Hau Tree Lanai. It was perfect! We sat under this beautiful old gnarly tree and looked out over Waikiki. While we were there, the sunset and it was absolutely gorgeous. I had escargot for the very first time and actually loved it! The food was delicious and the service was great. I had requested an out of the way table for our anniversary. Well, they surprised us with a yummy dessert, complete with a candle. It was so lovely! I was tickled pink!! I actually almost cried because I was so touched. It was very sweet of them to do that for us. After dinner, James and I went to see Cirque Hawaii. I don't care what anyone says, we really enjoyed the show. The beginning was so funny that I almost started crying. Some of the performances, wow, I do not know how they are so strong. It was amazing! We had such a great time. It isn't easy for us to go out and have one on one time with each other. His work schedule is so crazy and I hate changing the baby's routine too often since Matty is pretty set in his ways. And now I will be starting school next month so time is going to get even more scarce. But for one magical night, we got to be with each other and not worry about anything in the world. I love my husband so very much. I hate that it took him going away to war for that point to be hit home to me, but it did. James is the most wonderful man I could have ever ended up with. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined someone like him. That doesn't mean that we don't fight, because we have some horrible arguments sometimes, but it does mean that we work through it and grow from it. Marriage is not easy, however, it is incredibly worth going through the tough stuff to go through life's journey hand in hand with your best friend. James can drive me crazy, but he can also make me laugh, feel loved, feel beautiful, feel treasured. And I know that I make him insane, but I also know that he would never walk away from me. He always says that we are the only ones that can stand each other. In a way that is true. Only I think that we are the only ones meant for the other. James is definitely the only man for me. When I am having a terrible day, he can hug me and make it all better. I do believe that God truly put the perfect man for me in my life. People ask me how I know that. And here is my answer: I know deep in my soul that James is right for me. I have never wanted to stay committed to something more than I want to stay committed to him. I never cheated on him while he was at war, even though the majority of our relationship was over emails and the occassional phone call. I knew that I wanted to marry him and I actually followed through. And we had Matty. I had been told since I was 16 that I would have a very diificult time getting pregnant, if I ever did, because of various medical reasons. Yet, with my husband I had no trouble at all. Say what you want, but in my heart I know that all of these reasons are proof that God put James in my life and that he is my soulmate. And I am so grateful for that. I feel so very blessed to have ended up with such a good man. And I love him with all of my heart.

No comments: