but we have also had some ups and downs the past week and a half. It was sad to say good bye to our friend David last week. He headed home to Texas to join his wife Aideen. They are expecting their first child in late September. We are hoping to get a chance to go out and visit around then, but you never know if it will be possible. We are praying that it will be. It would also give us a chance to visit family and friends whom we haven't seen in quite some time. Saturday was a bad day for me. Actually, every day up until today has been painful because of it. I had a dentist's appointment to fill a very bad cavitity. Since it was so awful, my gums are swollen and inflamed and extremely painful. It has been trying. Yesterday was a horrible day. I had to wait around all day for the movers to come and pick up David's belongings. The army messed up and couldn't give him a moving date until AFTER he went home. Whatever. So that took until about 2:30pm. Then as I am unwinding from the stress of having movers traipse dirt through my house and almost wake up my napping son, I hear the most horrifying screaming noises coming from my backyard. I run out to find my dogs locked together. They had been fighting and Sienna had managed to get Milo's spiked collar (put on him to stop her from pulling on it) wrapped around her lower jaw. Thankfully for her, she had only managed to wrap the leather part around herself. But the screams were coming from Milo who she was slowly strangling to death. I was not prepared for that and had nothing to cut them apart. I started screaming for help as I am holding the collar away from his neck, trying to undo it. Thank the Lord that I have amazing neighbors!!! Several of them came running and a few jumped over our fence without hestitation. They held the dogs so I could get something to cut them apart. Thankfully, everyone is okay. Milo is no longer wearing a collar though. And Sienna is going to get some serious obedience training after this. I am still upset by what happened. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love my dogs dearly. The fact that I haven't gotten rid of our problem child Sienna after the hell she has put us through, constantly running away, digging, fighting with Milo, etc., shows how much I love them. I was so scared that Milo was going to die and I couldn't help him. I can't understand why people would have dog fights. They are absolutely horrifying. The only shining lights this week have been James and Matty. My angel son has been super sweet and cuddly. He is learning what I am asking for when I ask him for kisses and hugs and he gives them quite happily. He is such a delight!! I am so blessed to have such an amazingly wonderful baby boy. I love to watch him learn and explore, dance and babble. He gets so excited about everything. He is my sweetheart and I love him so very much. And James has been on days this week. It has been so great to have my husband home with me at night. It is our time to just be together and relax since Matty is in bed. And Saturday is our second anniversary. We are not big on going out to fancy places, but this year we made an exception. It will be the first time that we have ever really celebrated it and I wanted to to be special. I am really looking forward to it. Oh! A quick YEA!!!! Matty has FINALLY quits nursing!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was hard to break, but now we are done. YIPEE!!!! Well, I hope that you enjoy our little video of Matty. I just got a Flip and we are just getting used to it. I figured that it was yet another way everyone could see how Matty has grown.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Oh, Jess, I LOVED seeing Matty! He is just precious. Can't wait to see him in person. :) So sorry to hear about the dogs - but so glad everything worked out.
Post a Comment