Friday, June 13, 2008

Final Decisions

I know that I haven't updated in a few weeks and I apologize. I had intended to be better about keeping everyone informed. Life has a way of distracting you though. Well, we have made a final decision about what we are going to do as far as our future is concerned. We have decided to leave the military after this tour. There have been many discussions and revelations that have brought us to this decision and it is the best one for our family. And that is all that I will say about it. James and I are both going to get our degrees while we are still in Hawaii so that we can get jobs when we get out. Whether or not I will have to work still remains to be seen. I have decided against going to GCU and getting my education degree. Something struck me as not being quite right about that school or it's price so I withdrew before I owed anything. My gut told me that it wasn't right. So James and I will be attending a school that has a good reputation and that the Army has approved as being accredited. I am going to get my degree in Biology (I just can't bring myself to teach these days) and later will get my Masters in a more specialized field. James has decided that a Business degree is what he wants to go for and he will get a more specialized Masters later on as well. Both degrees will give us more flexibility in searching for a job we like. We are not sure where we will live yet, but we have awhile to figure that out. The Army will send us back to our home of record which is Texas. But who knows where we will end up? Wherever James can find a job. And we are going to hold off on our adoption plans until we get everything settled. We are still planning on adopting, just not right away. Well, that is the news for today!

No comments: