I apologize for the long overdue update. I am going to start with our trip to Georgia. It was so great to get home!!! Dad was totally surprised. I am impressed that we all managed to keep that secret. It is so hard to not tell him because he gets so depressed that he hasn't seen us. Of course he was thrilled to see all of us. I just wish that we could have stayed longer. Matty had a few firsts while we were there. He climbed up on something, Mom's little stool, for the first time. He drank from a straw for the first time. He walked across the room for the first time. Up to that point, Matty had only taken a few wobbly steps and fallen over. He had his first birthday party complete with his first cake and his first bath in the sink. And he had his first haircut compliments of Aunt Becca. Oh, and he got in his sixth tooth while we were there too. Whew! That is a lot to happen in 9 days!!! It was so sad to have to come home. We realized that we really don't like living in Hawaii. The laid back island attitude just isn't for us. We are faster paced and have issues with extreme laziness. Needless to say, we will be thrilled to get out of here. For now we are just going to make it work and try to make the best of it.
Now, on to being at home... Once we got back, I hit major cleaning and decorating mode. My in-laws came last week and we had Matty's birthday party on Saturday. So I wanted things to look nice. My father-in-law helped me finish painting the kitchen and he fixed our fence. I will post pictures of what the house looks like now at a later time. Maybe I will get them in tonight. While my in-laws were here, we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center for a luau, whale watching, and explored the island. We had a good time. Whale watching was just amazing! Once I get the photos edited, I will post those. I just have to figure out how to use my new Adobe Photoshop. Matty's party was nice. There were just enough people to not be overwhelming. And the cupcakes we got were DELICIOUS! Matty is now walking all over as much as he can. He is too cute! Well, he is fussing at me so I had better wrap this up for now. I hope you all enjoy the pictures!
Matty's one year portraits!




1 comment:
That first picture is SO cute! What a smile!
Post a Comment