Thursday, August 16, 2007
WE HAVE A HOUSE!
So we finally have a house. We got Navy housing! YAY! It is older housing, ca. 1973, however, we chose it because it doesn't use our full housing allowance. So we get decent housing and we get extra money every month. Hawaii is beautiful! We took Matty to the beach on Sunday. He loved it. We only put his feet in the water though. I have never seen such blue water and white, soft sand. Needless to say, I loved it! The water is like stepping into a warm bath. And everyone has been telling me that stateside the temperatures have been reaching the triple digits. Here, we have been in the mid-80s. I love it here! Matty figured out how to completely roll over onto his stomach. The only problem is he has trouble rolling back. He has been doing it for a couple of days. I can't find the video camera charger so I don't have any video of it yet. He is also sucking on his thumb a lot more now. It is what he uses to soothe himself. James and I are thrilled to be here. We hate being so far away from our family and friends, but this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and we had to take it. James seems to like his new job. And the people he is working with seem very nice. Well, duty calls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment