Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Marking off the days

I am not the best at updating this blog, but that is because I live a very hectic life with my two year old son. Anyone who has kids can tell you that once they learn to walk, you spend most of your time going, going, going. But here I am with a spare minute, so I am going to do a quick update. Unfortunately, I do not have enough time to do a photo update, so I apologize for that. As for us, James and I have both enrolled in school together. Right now, it looks like we can both graduate next year, if we both REALLY buckle down. I am so ready to have my Bachelor's degree!!! The biggest mistake that I ever made was dropping out of college. But I am getting my degree now. It may have taken me many schools and a few extra years, but I am getting it. I can finally see that light at the end of the tunnel! YAY! James will start his program once he is done with his training project next month. And we are getting to head home to visit family too, so that will be a MUCH NEEDED vacation. Hawaii is not our dream destination. It seemed like a good idea before we got here, but it has proved that we really belong stateside. Thankfully we are looking at just under 18 more months stuck out here on this rock and then we NEVER have to come back again. It is a beautiful place, but for us, it would have just been great for a vacation. James has officially decided to get out of the Army. Tripler has done him in. So he will be getting his RN. And I am going to possibly get my teaching certificate after my Bachelor's. We do know the area that we want to settle down in. Ideally, we would love to buy a house in Round Rock, TX, however, that may not be possible at first. We remain hopeful though so we will be alright. I am looking forward to settling down in one place and letting my kids grow up in a stable environment. I have craved that for years. I grew up moving around a lot and it was fun, but I have always wished that we could have just stayed in one place. Always making new friends and uprooting myself just took it's toll. I don't resent my dad for it or anything. He did what was best for us and his career and I am very proud of where he ended up. And besides, I never would have met my husband. But for our future, James and I are ready to just be in one place for a LONG time. And as for Matty, he is just as wild as ever!!! He still loves to dance and now he sings too! His language is EXPLODING and he is grasping what we are saying to him a lot better now. It is so cool to watch him learn and grow. I do miss him being my baby, but this toddler stage is just so neat! He is so smart and capable! And he is a lot more fun to do things with now. And his favorite person in the world is his DADDY! He asks for James about twenty or more times a day. He has taken to stealing James' shoes and walking around in them. It is too cute! And when he sees pictures of James, Matty goes, "Daddy, my DADDY!" And he now says Sa-ee, which means Sorry. He uses it at pretty much the right times, but he is still learning. He also says please and thank you and I love you. And his favorite things are to say his letters and their sounds, find the number two anywhere we go, watch WALL-E constantly, play at the park with Daddy, and cuddle with Mommy in the recliner. He is an interesting little person and I love him so very much. I just love being a mom. And we did decided to try and have another baby late next year. We are hoping that Matty will be old enough to be okay with it and that he will be young enough to be close to the new baby. Only time will tell. And speaking of time, I am late again! It will probably be awhile before I get another chance to post, but who knows? Until then, have a wonderful summer and may God bless.

No comments: