Sunday, March 22, 2009
Being the mommy of a two year old
Matty had a wonderful birthday party after our first one being rained out. We had our day at the beach and all the kids had a blast! It was a fun time. But now I am the tired mommy of a two year old. Sigh. I swear my son is bipolar. He goes from being happy and dancing to obnoxious and screaming in 1.5 seconds. His temper tantrums are being to rear their ugly heads. I mean, my son can be the sweetest, cutest, cuddliest boy in the world most of the time. But we are beginning to see a different side of him now. Matty is VERY independant. He walks down stairs by himself, he entertains himself, he feeds himself. He is a smart kid. He can open doors, put keys in locks and open them, he talks to his programs, he "fixes" his bike and car with his tools, he understands what we tell him. He is like a sponge these days. And he is a dancing fool. Oh, Matty just loves music. Any music at all. And he will dance to it all. He is too cute. His current favorite song is Itsy Bitsy Spider and he tries to do the hand movements as well. It is a joy to watch him learn and grow. I just hate the tantrums and tears. I am not a hard mom. When he cries, I tend to break down and comfort him. I am trying to get better at only doing that when he really needs me to, but it is hard. I am not a fan of his screaming though. If he doesn't get his way, he tends to scream at you. But he doesn't do that most of the time. It is a phase. I just keep telling myself that. We are working on the potty training thing now as well. No pressure, just slowly trying to acquaint him with it. We'll get there. As for the rest of life, well, it is life. James has run into a few bumps with his promotion, but hopefully he get them taken care of. We have decided our best option is to stick with the military life so he will be re-upping next year. I am still trudging slowly along with school and my book. Hopefully I will finish both by the end of the decade. Well, I am going to start going through our pictures and get them posted. Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment