Thursday, February 5, 2009

Best husband

I have to take a moment and brag on James. He is the best husband that I could have ever asked for. He is so good to me. I have not been feeling very good the past few days and James has been there to help me out with everything. He even went out and bought me tampons! LOL! He sent me over to a friend's house and he cleaned up for me. He vaccumed, mopped, cleaned bathrooms, picked up, cleaned the kitchen. He helped me take care of Matty, giving him his bath and feeding him and putting him to bed. James has just been amazing. His schedule finally changed, after 18 months of night shift in the ICU. Now he is in the progressive care ward, no more critical care patients, and he works days now. I can already see a lift in his mood and morale. Working day shift, he is now home with us at night and he isn't sleeping away his days off. He comes home to cooked dinner and reads Matty his bedtime stories. I figured he might like that and they both do. Matty loves seeing Daddy come home and loves waiting up for him. It makes me so very happy to see them together. I just wanted to give James credit. He has been so great to us.

Matty is a ball of energy these days. He knows all sorts of words and his favorite thing is talking on the phone, to EVERYONE! He has little games that he makes up for us to play. He makes silly faces and noises. He loves to sing and dance. And Matty LOVES to go anywhere. He just likes to get out and go, go, go! He has a little car that I can push him in. He loves to go outside and "drive" around the neighborhood. He even turns the wheel and honks his horn. He is too cute. We are slowly getting over our food objections. I have begun hiding his veggies in his juice or doing the Deceptively Delicious meals. He is getting better about eating real food. Especially since I won't give him just anything anymore. He is super friendly. Matty loves making new friends. And he is a total flirt! He is always charming the ladies, you and old. I promise that I will try and get our pictures and videos up soon.

As for me, I have been doing my best to keep our household running smoothly. My house may not be the tidiest, but it is clean. I have been trying to get out and do more. Since I am a moderator on the mommy forum here, I have to attend more functions so that gets me out of the house. I am also working on getting myself in shape. I hate exercising until I am actually doing it and then I just go. It is just motivating myself to start that is the problem. I am still going to school. It is a slow process because I don't have a lot of time to sit down and take too many classes at once. So I take one or two at a time. Thankfully, my semesters are pretty short so I am getting more done than I think I am. My other big project is finishing my book. I have written about six or seven chapters so far. It is just a really big undertaking. And I have no idea if it is any good or not. I have to stop second guessing myself and just write.

Hopefully I will get a chance to sit down and go through our videos and pictures soon so I can get them posted. Well, that is pretty much what we are up to. I hope that you all have a blessed and wonderful week.

No comments: